Johnathan Andrews has been operating as filmmaker, photographer and entrepreneur for more than a decade – read more about Johnathan Andrews here.
As a division of Johnathan Andrews Studios he created The Hood Studios as a platform for screenwriters, filmmakers, actors, musicians, music producers, film directors and others to make their dreams and passions come true, by providing an opportunity to e.g. produce and make a movie as a project under The Hood Studios.
By submitting a movie pitch to The Hood Studios you stand a chance to be chosen as the next The Hood Studios project and movie to be made. Other categories present the opportunity to provide a chance to have a song recorded, a music video made, a movie to be distributed, a music track to be released, etc.
Submit your movie pitch to The Hood Studios before one of the submission deadlines.
Your pitch will go through a screening process and if your movie pitch passes initial screening and it is shortlisted, you will be called for a meeting to discuss your movie pitch in detail, the prospect of making the movie, etc.
After a meeting with all shortlisted candidates has been concluded, a final selection will be made and the successful movie pitch will be announced.
If your movie pitch is selected as an official The Hood Studios project, the process to make the movie will commence – from producing, pre-production, casting and location scouting; to shooting, editing, PR, publicity, release, film festival submissions and hosting a film premiere.
We will consider all genres.
Choose to submit a short film or feature film movie pitch.
Every movie is structured differently but generally, the making of a movie is done in collaboration with you and a fair profit share is negotiated and agreed to. You and The Hood Studios will both financially benefit from a successfully completed project.
The Hood Studios will not e.g. buy a screenplay, buy a song, or buy a composition. Our philosophy is to take an idea and develop it with you to call it to life and ensure that we jointly invest out best efforts to make it as big a success as possible! The Hood Studios could e.g. play a key role in securing production funding, managing publicity and even launching a crowdfunding campaign.
We work together on the whole project, step-by-step, from start to finish.
The cost per movie pitch submission is R290.
- To submit a movie pitch you need to be 18 years and older.
- A movie pitch can be submitted by persons of any nationality from any country. However, bear in mind that if your movie pitch is accepted, the movie will more than likely be produced in South Africa and it is not the responsibility of The Hood Studios to arrange the necessary permits for you to stay in South Africa during the course of the movie production process.
- When you submit your movie pitch, or if the movie pitch is shortlisted, it does not mean that it will be accepted by The Hood Studios as a project. The movie pitch has to go through a process before it could be eligible to be chosen as a project. In the event that a movie pitch is chosen as a project you will officially be notified and the necessary contract will need to be concluded between you and The Hood Studios to formalize a project.
- PRIVACY: The Hood Studios will not distribute or disseminate, publish or advertise your movie pitch in any manner whatsoever, except in the acceptable course of doing screening and shortlisting as contemplated and possible subsequent activities surrounding your movie pitch if it is accepted as an official The Hood Studios project.
- A movie pitch will not be accepted without payment of the submission fee of R290.
Submit A Completed Movie
Submit A Music Track Proposal
Submit A Completed Track
ACTORS & PRESENTERS
Submit Screen Test & Resume
Submit Showreel & Resume