Johnathan Andrews has been operating as filmmaker, photographer and entrepreneur for more than a decade – read more about Johnathan Andrews here.
As a division of Johnathan Andrews Studios he created The Hood Studios as a platform for screenwriters, filmmakers, actors, musicians, music producers, film directors and others to make their dreams and passions come true, by providing an opportunity to e.g. produce and make a movie as a project under The Hood Studios.
By submitting a completed music track to The Hood Studios you stand a chance to be chosen as the next The Hood Studios project and the music track could be released and distributed, and/or a music video made. Other categories present the opportunity to provide a chance to have a movie made, a song recorded, a movie to be distributed, a music track to be released, etc.
Submit your completed music track to The Hood Studios before one of the submission deadlines.
Your proposal will go through a screening process and if your proposal passes initial screening and it is shortlisted, you will be called for a meeting to discuss your music track in detail, the prospect releasing the track, etc.
After a meeting with all shortlisted candidates has been concluded, a final selection will be made and the successful music track will be announced.
If your music track is selected as an official The Hood Studios project, the process to call the music track to life will commence – from marketing, PR, publicity, release, and hosting a launch, and more.
We will consider all genres.
Every project is structured differently but generally, the release of a new music track is done in collaboration with you and a fair profit share is negotiated and agreed to. You and The Hood Studios will both financially benefit from a successfully completed project.
The Hood Studios will not e.g. buy a screenplay, buy a song, or buy a composition. Our philosophy is to take an idea and develop it with you to call it to life and ensure that we jointly invest out best efforts to make it as big a success as possible! The Hood Studios could e.g. play a key role in securing production funding, managing publicity and even launching a crowdfunding campaign.
We work together on the whole project, step-by-step, from start to finish.
The submission fee for each new music track proposal is R290.
- To submit a music track proposal you need to be 18 years and older.
- A proposal can be submitted by persons of any nationality from any country. However, bear in mind that if your proposal is accepted, the music track will more than likely be produced in South Africa and it is not the responsibility of The Hood Studios to arrange the necessary permits for you to stay in South Africa during the course of the project.
- When you submit your proposal, or if the proposal is shortlisted, it does not mean that it will be accepted by The Hood Studios as a project. The music track proposal has to go through a process before it could be eligible to be chosen as a project. In the event that a proposal is chosen as a project you will officially be notified and the necessary contract will need to be concluded between you and The Hood Studios to formalize a project.
- PRIVACY: The Hood Studios will not distribute or disseminate, publish or advertise your proposal in any manner whatsoever, except in the acceptable course of doing screening and shortlisting as contemplated and possible subsequent activities surrounding your proposal if it is accepted as an official The Hood Studios project.
- A music track proposal will not be accepted without payment of the submission fee of R290.
Submit A Movie Pitch
Submit A Completed Movie
Submit A Music Track Proposal
ACTORS & PRESENTERS
Submit Screen Test & Resume
Submit Showreel & Resume